Serving 12 counties in the Alabama‐Florida gulf coast region, Goodwill Easter Seals provides programs and services to help individuals and families overcome challenges due to disabilities or other barriers that impact economic well‐being, self-sufficiency and quality of life.
Organization Mission Statement
Together, we empower people through Encouragement, Education and Employment.
Available Mentoring Programs
The Good Guides program of Mobile and Baldwin County and the Florida Panhandle, is designed to help youth build career plans and skills and prepare them for school completion, post-secondary training and productive work by providing structured and supportive relationships with trusted adult mentors. It targets youth between the ages of 14 and 17 who are at-ˇrisk for dropping out of school, involved in juvenile violence or misbehavior, or dealing with other issues such as abuse, disability, and drug or alcohol use.
Volunteer today and help empower youth with the confidence and courage to make positive choices in your community!
- Help prepare youths for good jobs and careers
- Empower young people to make positive decisions
- Contribute to the well-ˇbeing and capabilities of youth
- Offer inspiration and hope to youth in the community
- Experience the joy of volunteering and make a difference in the lives of others
Mentoring is one of the most important things you can do for today’s youth. Through your guidance and support, you can empower teens to make positive decisions. You can help them stay in school, excel in their classes, or make plans for their future careers.
As a GoodGuides mentor, you will:
- Offer encouragement and guidance to youth in your community.
- Help prepare youth for good jobs and careers.
- Contribute to the well-ˇbeing and capabilities of youth.
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
Both peer and adult mentors are welcome. Peer mentors must be at least 16 years of age, and adult mentors must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer. Because consistency is critical for successful mentoring relationships, a minimum of a one-year commitment is required from all adult mentors.
Additional Pertinent Information
We require the following:
- Written application
- Personality matches between mentors and mentees are essential
- Pass extensive background check and criminal history check. Persons with felony convictions will certainly be considered if 5 years has passed since completion of the sentence.
- Personal interview
- Three personal references
- Four hours of training/orientation
- Minimum of four hours of mentoring monthly
- One-year minimum mentoring commitment
Address: 2448 Gordon Smith Drive Mobile, Al 36617